- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqualung's three anti-freeze properties:Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands
- Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damagePerfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
- New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect
- Overmolded air purge
- Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism
- Air channel deflector
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
The diving regulator has close links with Aqualung, as we invented it. Having been a world leader for 80 years, we are doing everything we can to remain a world leader in the future.
The diving regulator, Aqualung's identity
A legacy to preserve: The first diving regulator was the result of a 1943 collaboration between the famous oceanographic explorer Jacques-Yves Cousteau and the engineer Emile Gagnan. For the first time, humans were able to explore the seabed with the help of compressed air tanks and a hose supplying the diver with oxygen.
To mark this revolution in the world of scuba diving, the company Spirotechnique was created in order to sell the first diving regulator, known as the CG-45. Spirotechnique since became Aqualung, the world leader in scuba diving equipment, mainly thanks to our unrivalled expertise in diving regulators. While we are proud of this achievement, we always maintain high standards by working with expert divers in our research, marketing and design teams.
The LEG3ND series, a breakthrough in diving regulators
In 2002, the release of the Leg3nd dive regulator marked a technological revolution for underwater enthusiasts. Unequalled breathing comfort in all conditions, a sleek design and multiple innovations were to make the Leg3nd the world benchmark for diving regulators. Since then, we at Aqualung have been helping the Leg3nd series continue to dominate and it is now on its 3rd generation. We've combined them with our latest patented technologies such as the Master Breathing System for the Leg3nd MBS, designed for optimal inhalation adjustment. And Leg3nd regulators are also the only regulators with overcompensated diaphragms at Aqualung.