- At the very heart of the snorkel is our shaped and protected silicone Elliptical Purge Valve: the shape of the valve guarantees sealing as well as ease of purging.
- The anatomically-designed mouthpiece made from medical silicone reduces jaw fatigue.
- The joint between the mouthpiece/valve box and the corrugate is a swiveling sealed connection that rotates for a better fit.
- The corrugate is made from two materials, one rigid and the other flexible. Corrugates from other manufacturers collapse even on shallow dives. Zephyr Flex does not, thanks to the rigid skeleton that keeps it in shape. The flexibility also provides an important fitting benefit: it lets the mouthpiece set softly into the diver’s mouth without stress, improving comfort and reducing jaw fatigue.
- The large snorkel retainer is very easy to use even with thick gloves, thanks to an ergonomically-designed structure.
- The D-barrel-shaped tube helps the Zephyr Flex rest more streamlined against the diver’s face.
- The splashguard is made from two materials with the same corrugate technology. This rigid, yet flexible construction helps prevent potential injuries in crowded environments such as diving clubs, classes and on boats
Use Aqualung snorkels with their multiple patented technologies for maximum comfort and breathing performance.
Aqualung snorkels, finally you can breathe comfortably when diving Aqualung's teams of engineers and designers work hard every day to ensure that you can explore the seabed without having to worry about breathing comfortably underwater.
Multiple technological advances
Many patented technologies Aqualung snorkels feature several patented technologies to provide you with more comfort, performance and safety in the way you dive.
You will find the Comfo-Bite™ technology that also features on many of our dive regulators on all our snorkels, except the Aquilon snorkel. The Comfo-Bite™ is a mouthpiece made of hypoallergenic silicone that reduces jaw fatigue when placing your snorkel in your mouth.
Our team of engineers and designers have also designed our snorkels with a D-section, so that snorkels like the Aquilon Flex or the Zephyr Flex can rest comfortably on the diver's face. These two flex snorkels are made of a combination of stiff and supple materials in order to keep the snorkel flexible by preventing the flex tube from compressing.